RIM drops the price of it's beleaguered PlayBook to $299 (64GB, 32GB and 16GB models) ... should you buy one at this price?
Why? I can give you a list of reasons:
- The PlayBook OS was never finished, still missing key features like an email client.
- Apps will dry up ... and getting Android apps to work on the tablet is painful to say the least.
- Think for $299 the PlayBook will make a decent 'couch surfing' device? Will you still think that when there are no more security updates?
- $299 is a long way off the $99 tht HP's TouchPad ended up at when it went into its final death spiral.
- Spend you money on a Kindle Fire instead!
So no, don't even think about picking up a PlayBook for $299 ... you can do better, a lot better!