Specs for Qualcomm's upcoming flagship Snapdragon 820 (MSM 8996) appear to have been leaked by a Chinese analyst.
The presentation slides, published by analyst Jiutang Pan, suggest that the Snapdragon 820 will be a 14-nanometer 64-bit chip featuring Hydra CPU cores offering a 35 percent improvement over the previous generation hardware, and an Adreno 530 GPU bringing a 40 percent performance boost and a 30 percent improvement in power consumption.
The slides also claim that the Snapdragon 820 will offer "significant power/thermal improvements over 20nm," which suggests that Qualcomm may have addressed the thermal issues that allegedly plagued the Snapdragon 810.
Qualcomm is expected to unveil the Snapdragon 820 on August 11.
- Is the Galaxy Note 5 destined to repeat the mistakes of the Galaxy S6?
- Windows 10 silently uses your bandwidth to send updates to others
- Samsung begins slashing Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge prices
- These Lumia handsets will be the first to get the Windows 10 Mobile upgrade
- Best Android smartphones for work and play: August 2015 edition
- Help! I've broken my iPhone/iPad screen