Pricing will remain the same at $249 for the colorized e-book reader when it hits Staples stores nationwide. It will also be available online at Staples.com.
Other Nook devices (i.e. the black and white Wi-Fi and 3G editions) are already available at other superstores like Best Buy and Walmart. However, Staples is the first office superstore to officially sell the Nook Color.
The Android-based device might become a whole lot more enticing once that major upgrade rolls out with support for apps in the new Nook Store as well as Adobe Flash support and Froyo.
Related coverage on ZDNet:
- Nook NYT subscribers will also access NYTimes.com for free
- The first great Android Tablet: Nook Color
- Developers welcome to submit apps optimized for Nook Color
- Nook Kids for iPad app gets updated alongside Nook for iPhone
- Barnes & Noble hosting in-store events for PubIt!, Nook Color