A tablet that dual boots Windows and Android has the largest pool of apps to choose from. Android tablets are built from the ground up to be run by touch operation, and Windows 8.1 added that functionality for the Microsoft world. The Teclast X98 Air 3G is a dual-boot tablet that has good hardware components considering the price of less than $200.
That low price is surprising given the hardware and the aluminum casing. From the Intel processor to the integrated data capability (3G), the X98 is a capable tablet. It is a 9.7-inch tablet the same size as the iPad, and it runs the Intel Atom (Bay Trail) processor. It has 2GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage which should be sufficient for light duty. What is surprising at this low price point is the screen that displays 2048 x 1536.
- OS: Android 4.4 & Windows 8.1
- Display: 9.7 inch 2048 x 1536, IPS
- CPU: Intel Bay Trail-T Z3736F Quad Core 2.16GHz
- Memory/ storage: 2GB/ 32GB; microSD slot (up to 64GB)
- Ports: microHDMI, microUSB
- Cameras: Front - 2MP; Rear - 5MP
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi b/g/n, 3G (WCDMA + GSM); GPS
- Battery: 8500mAh, up to 8 hours
- Dimensions: 240 x 169 x 7.4mm (9.45 x 6.65 x 0.29 inches); 532g (1.17lbs)
The Teclast X98 from China is not a well known brand but at less than $200 it might be worth a try. The hardware in the tablet is not cheap by any means.