One of the coolest new features that Apple introduces with OS X 10.10 Yosemite and iOS 8 is Continuity. This feature allows users to take calls and reply to text messages sent to their iPhone direct from their Mac. Well, AirDroid 3 now brings that power and flexibility to the Android and Windows platforms.
In fact, as cool and useful as Apple's Continuity feature is, AirDroid 3 goes way beyond what iPhone and Mac users get.
AirDroid 3 allows users to access and manage their Android phone or tablet from Windows, Mac or the web, wirelessly, for free (although there is a premium version for people who want more than the basics).
Here are just some of the features on offer:
- Send and receive individual or group messages
- Transfer files, photos, music and videos between Android and computer from any network (large files require premium upgrade)
- Play and manage music and videos on Android and transfer them between Android and computer
- See through the lens of both front and back cameras (premium feature)
- Push URLs to the Android device and have them open with default web browser
- Take photos of anyone trying to unlock your device (premium feature)
- End-to-end encryption
AirDroid 3 requires that you install an app on your Android device and software on your Mac or PC. Following a simple setup process you are then ready to enjoy much greater integration between your devices.