Toshiba Europe has announced a pair of notebook computers intended for getting everyday computing needs done, including one with a professional slant.
For the most part, the Satellite C660 and Satellite Pro C660 laptops are relatively the same, inside and out. Take a look at the standard and customizable specs of the basic C660 model, most of which will be found on the Pro edition as well.
- 15.6-inch TruBrite LED HD display (1,366 x 768 resolution; 16:9 aspect ratio)
- Intel Core i3/Pentium/Celeron or AMD Athlon II Dual Core/V series processor options
- Windows 7 Home Basic/Premium/Professional OS options
- Up to 8 GB of 1066MHz DDR3 memory
- Up to 640GB 2.5-inch 5,400 rpm hard drive
- 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR
- DVD Super-Multi, double-layer drive
- VGA webcam with microphone, Face Recognition
- 10-digit numeric keypad
- Touch pad with multi-touch control
- Multi-card reader
- Connectivity: Two USB 2.0 ports, Ethernet
- Weight: Starts at 5.6 pounds
- Dimensions: 14.9- x 10- x 1.1- (front) / 1.4-inches (back)
The Satellite Pro C660 stands apart with Windows 7 Professional by default, and it gets some of non-reflective treatment on that 15.6-inch display.
No word on pricing yet, but the the Satellite C660 and Pro C660 will roll out to Europe, the Middle East and Africa during the fourth quarter of this year.