While Steve Jobs was keeping the tech world busy by laying out some new Apple products, some movers and shakers of the Rich Internet Application world were down in Austin at the Flashfoward conference getting a look at some of the cutting edge solutions coming out of Adobe. Here is a summary of what went down.
- Kevin Lynch started the keynote off by announcing that Flash Player 9 penetration has reached 50% in three months, a significant growth rate.
- Garrent Nantz showed the Linux version of Flash Player 9 in action
- Mike Downey gave a demo of some off the new Flash 9 IDE features including the PSD importer courtesy of the Macromedia-Adobe merger.
- Mark Anders also showed a demo of Flex Builder 2 running on a mac. (These images are from Duane Nickull).
- In the sessions, Aral Balkan posted a lot of information on Apollo from Daniel Dura's session.
- A few good summaries of the conference. One is from Aral Balkan. Flashmagazine.com's and Robert Hoekman Jr. also had summaries.
A lot of cool stuff going on down in Austin, hopefully next time I'll be able to go check it out first hand.