Viber is a complete messaging service with free texting, group messaging, phone calls, video calls and much more. Messaging is free to Viber users, which are 516 million strong and global in scope, and free phone calls can be placed to those anywhere.
Low cost phone calls to any mobile and landline are also possible. It is a feature rich messaging service, and it's now in an app on the Chromebook.
The Viber app is available on Android, iOS, and Windows Phone, and is now on the Chrome Web Store at no cost. Once installed, messaging using the service is only a click away. The full list of features from the folks at Viber:
- Text with your friends
- Make free phone and video calls with HD sound quality
- Share photos, video messages, voice messages, locations, stickers and emoticons
- Create group messages with up to 100 participants
- Follow Public Chats
- Push notifications guarantee that you never miss a message or call, even when Viber is off
- Integration with native contact list for calls and messages
- Support for the Viber Desktop application on Windows and Mac