Normally when making sure no one can recover the data off of a hard drive you use one of the three traditional approaches (a software eraser, hardware eraser, or make use whole disk encryption). But how do you prevent data from being recovered from dead or dying hard drives?
In this video I show you the method I use, and try a couple of methods I've been told have worked for others in the past. Some of the methods worked, and others weren't so successful.
- A video tour of my favorite tools for building and repairing PCs and electronic devices
- Fix Windows 10 issues with FixWin for Windows 10
- How to disable Windows 10 Start menu ads
- Your PC stuck in Windows 10 "reschedule or upgrade now" limbo? Here's a fix
- Windows 10 upgrade nags become more aggressive, offer no opt-out
- What you can - and can't - legally unlock or jailbreak