For those of you who want to be on the bleeding edge, or just want a chance to take it for a spin, Microsoft has released the first public beta of Service Pack 1 (SP1).
Also available is the beta of SP1 for Windows Server 2008 R2.
It's worth noting that the service pack consists of all updates released so far but that no new features will be a part of this release.
Here are the system requirements:
- 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 GB of RAM (32-bit) / 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available disk space (32-bit) / 20 GB (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- DVD-compatible drive
- Internet access (fees may apply)