Google is giving the YouTube app on the Apple TV a big revamp, bringing it in line with the YouTube app on other platforms. And one of the big changes is that users will now be served ads.
There are also a whole raft of other changes, including a new look and a much improved search feature. Another important change is that now all of YouTube's content will play through the Apple TV app.
Google pushing an updated app to old Apple TV hardware would suggest that an updated set-top box is not coming anytime soon.
- Seagate offers low-cost 8TB hard drives
- Where your tech focus should be in 2015
- Want an iPhone 6? Better pick one up soon because shortages are predicted for next year
- iPad Air 2 vs. Kindle Fire HDX: Which is the best tablet?
- The best (and worst) PC upgrades
- Worried about SSD wear? You probably don't need to be