ZDNet is dedicated to developing and maintaining a friendly online community, where members of all technical backgrounds feel relaxed and comfortable. Like any community, ZDNet has certain standards. When members join our forums, they agree to abide by these rules. Repeated violations of these standards may result in a member being barred from entry or participation in the community forums.
- No personal attacks or name-calling - We all have opinions and want to express them. Do not attack authors or fellow commenters. Come up with a well-thought out counterpoint, or just move on. Personal attacks will not be tolerated, and we reserve the right to remove the comment without warning and/or ban you.
- Don't promote or sell your goods - That's what advertising is for, and we've got spots for that.
- No trolling - Don't feed the trolls, either. Report them and move on.
- Be kind to new users - As you were once a new user, be kind and helpful to the new folks.
- No profanity, racial slurs and/or misogyny - Abusive language of any kind of not permitted.
- No Piracy or unlawful activities - This community forum is a place for ideas and constructive participation, and not a place to violate any laws or to discuss illegal activities.
- No flaming - Goes with being respectful of others. Resist the urge, and be respectful and objective at all times.
Other general rules of conduct