The operator Orange has acknowledged the lack of availability of its mobile internet and WAP services over the weekend.
The length of time during which its customers could not access the internet through their handsets remains uncertain, although the Twittersphere was alive with complaints through much of Sunday.
"How typical, finally got new phone sorted with twitter and orange internet is down!!!" read one tweet. Another suggested that the lack of connectivity was planned: "Orange internet down! Grr cust serv says tuff planned downtime & all 18m orange customers have no net all weekend! Thanks 4 warning us."
In a statement on Monday, Orange apologised for the outage, and said the technical "issue" had been resolved.
"Orange can confirm that customers trying to use Orange Internet or Orange WAP on their mobile devices over the weekend may have experienced a loss of service," the statement read. "Our technical services team has fully resolved this issue and we apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused."
ZDNet UK asked Orange what the cause of the outage was, but had not received a reply at the time of writing.