I took part in another ZDNet Great Debate this week where I was arguing that the iPad is better for business than Windows RT, but the readers sure thought I was wrong with voting split 85% to 15% in favor of Windows RT. In the end though, Steve Ranger gave the nod to me as the debate winner for the short term. I agree that Microsoft has the ability to change my opinion if they can show support for developers and make Windows RT compelling. I am going to check it out first hand when my 64GB Surface hopefully arrives tomorrow alongside my iPad 3.
I enjoy participating in these debates since I glean some great perspectives from my opponent and the readers. I think Microsoft has been fairly successful so far in generating enthusiasm and discussions around Windows 8 and Windows RT and now they have to keep up the chatter. Today is the official Windows 8 launch event in New York and it is interesting to read about the excitement for Microsoft products, unlike what we have seen in a long time.
Related ZDNet coverage
- ZDNet Great Debate - Business dilemma: Windows RT tablet or iPad?
- Microsoft Surface RT: A review roundup
- My love of Windows Phone drove me to order a 64GB Microsoft Surface
- Microsoft finally takes the wraps off its Surface hardware
- Microsoft Surface: Will you 'click in' for $120 extra?
- Microsoft's Surface: A few answers yet more questions
- Surface RT tablet available for preorder: Why I am waiting