Amazon Web Services (AWS) has updated its list of elite cloud integration and migration partners for 2014 -- expanding this group to 22 companies worldwide from 15 last year.
In order to qualify for inclusion, the solution providers listed below had to achieve status as an Advanced Consulting Partner. That process requires dedicating at least five AWS-trained technical staff and five AWS-trained non-technical staff; generating AWS billings of at least $10,000 per month; committing a certain caliber of AWS Support; and providing at least four customer references. There's also a fee of $2,000 per year.
Beyond that, Premier partners are distinguished by "exceptional customer service, helping a large number of significant customers run their applications on top of AWS, and building a healthy revenue generating consulting business on AWS."
Here's who made the cut for 2014. (I've noted the integrators and consultants that are new to the list since last year.)
- 2nd Watch – Focus is on infrastructure migrations and management.
- Accenture (new) – Emphasis is on helping enable big data applications in the cloud.
- Aquilent – Specialist in government cloud strategy.
- Booz Allen Hamilton – Helps enterprises assess cloud options in the context of broader corporate strategy.
- Bulletproof Networks (new) – An Australia provider of enterprise-grade managed cloud services on AWS infrastructure.
- Capgemini – Provides an orchestration management platform to help run cloud and non-cloud infrastructure side-by-side.
- Cloudnexa (new) – Cloud management solutions for organizations moving to AWS Cloud and GovCloud.
- cloudpack – Offers a series of managed services, backup and technical support offerings that covers EC2, RDS and S3.
- Cloudreach (new) - Based in the United Kingdom, the company focuses exclusively on solutions and services for AWS platforms.
- Cognizant – Consulting services that help companies develop their formula for the "Future of Work" integrating social, mobile, analytics and cloud technologies.
- Control Group (new) – Assessment and consulting services that align cloud infrastructure with long-term business strategy.
- Datapipe – Services for managing and securing cloud infrastructure and applications.
- Dedalus – Managed services for cloud migration and management, including authentication.
- Infosys (new) – The $7 billion IT consulting giant is stepping up its cloud services.
- Nomura Research Institute – The Japanese IT specialist specializes in migration services appropriate for specific industries.
- Razorfish – Specializes in interactive and digital marketing enablement.
- Slalom Consulting (new) – Its strengths like in program management, business process improvement and application development.
- Smart421 (new) – Specializes in cloud services for government agencies and businesses in highly regulated markets (like airlines or telecommunications)
- Smartronix – One of its biggest practice areas includes large-scale SharePoint and Exchange solutions delivered in the cloud.
- smartShift Technologies (new) – Boasts an emphasis on cloud management and automation.
- Storm Reply (new) – Completed dedicated to cloud platforms, the integrator has delivered several large-scale projects in Europe.
- Wipro – Delivers cloud projects and services within the context of hybrid architecture.