For some reason, venomous political players flock toward failing IT projects. Here are five personal attributes of snake-like corporate creatures:
- Not doing what they say. A wise man once said, "Say what you will do, and do what you say." Failed projects are littered with folks who don't follow these sage words.
- Over-promising and under-delivering. Be conservative in your estimates and don't succumb to pressure to make commitments you cannot possibly keep. Obvious, isn't it?
- Bending the truth. Here's a special message to folks who deliberately lie: I'd fire your sorry ass in a heartbeat for doing that.
- Stepping on others to get to the top. These guys will take credit for your work and then speak poorly about you in public. Personally, I avoid them like the plague.
- Playing the blame game. Shifting blame for one's own mistakes onto others is truly nasty. Definitely another group of folks I would throw under the bus.
Share your stories of corporate politics and sleaze. How can you stop these folks from damaging your projects?