I have been spending a lot of cash on games for my Windows Phone 7 devices as you can read in my regular Windows Phone Wednesday posts. I just received an email detailing major game releases planned for the next six weeks and it looks like I will be $25.94 poorer by 29 June. That's not bad considering that is what I used to pay for a single game back in the early days of PDAs and smartphones.
Here are the game titles, planned release dates, and prices for Windows Phone 7 and as you can see it looks to be quite a way to start the summer season:
- Hydro Thunder GO! (releasing May 25 for $4.99)
- Doodle Jump (releasing June 1 for $2.99)
- geoDefense (releasing June 8 for $2.99)
- Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 (releasing June 15 for $6.99)
- Plants vs. Zombies (releasing June 22 for $4.99)
- Angry Birds (releasing June 29 for $2.99)
Angry Birds was originally announced for 25 May, but this is the latest on availability. I have played Doodle Jump, Plants vs. Zombies, and Angry Birds on my other devices and look forward to seeing them come to WP7.
Here are the details on each game, as provided in the press information:
- “Hydro Thunder Go” is a remake of the highly acclaimed classic arcade racer with the same name. Blast through 12 ferocious courses with the powerboat of your choice and compete against 15 devious opponents. Strategic use of your Hydro Boost power, Mighty Hull and Hydro Jump abilities is a must to master the challenge. In addition to visually stunning environments and insane track layouts, the ever-changing water conditions keep the races varied and interesting — everything from fluidly billowing waves to clear, still water, visualized with reflection and refraction effects.
- Jump, jump, jump to the top, top, top with “Doodle Jump,” the runaway hit now available for Windows Phone 7! Guide the Doodler on a springy journey up the never-ending sheet of graph paper to see how far you can climb. Leap from platform to platform, finding your way higher and higher using brilliant contraptions such as springs, propeller hats and jet packs. Avoid broken platforms, menacing black holes, UFOs and baddies. Blast them with your nose balls!
- “geoDefense”: Obliterate a horde of vibrant, vector-styled enemies in this fast-paced tower defense game. Devastate creeps with blasters, lasers and missiles, and watch their energy debris swirl through the gravity wells of your vortex towers. Demonstrate your pixel-blasting skill to all your friends on Xbox LIVE leaderboards, and earn Achievements as you hone advanced defense strategies.
- “Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I” (SEGA): Featuring enhanced gameplay elements, including the classic Sonic Spin Dash and the versatile Homing Attack, “Sonic the Hedgehog 4” picks up right where Sonic and Knuckles left off. Dr. Eggman’s back, and in an effort to finally rid himself of Sonic, he revisits — and improves — the very best of his creations. Get ready for the next chapter in an all-new epic 2-D saga built for old and new fans alike.
- “Plants vs Zombies” (PopCap): Each zombie has its own special skills, so you’ll need to think fast and plant faster to combat them all. But be careful how you use your limited supply of greens and seeds — as you battle the fun-dead, obstacles such as a setting sun, creeping fog and a swimming pool add to the challenge. And with five game modes to dig into, the fun never dies!
- “Angry Birds” (Rovio): The survival of the angry birds is at stake. Dish out revenge on the green pigs who stole the birds’ eggs. Use the unique destructive powers of the angry birds to lay waste to the pigs’ fortified castles. “Angry Birds” features hours of gameplay, challenging physics-based castle demolition and lots of replay value. Each of the 195 levels requires logic, skill and brute force to crush the enemy.
Are there any other favorite games you would like to see come to Windows Phone?