The first commercial product capable of defeating AACS DRM on HD-DVD discs has been released.
AnyDVD HD by SlySoft packs a lot of power into a small, easy to use program.
- Same features as regular AnyDVD
- Removes encryption (AACS) from HD-DVDs
- Watch movies over digital display connection, without HDCP compliant graphics card and HDCP compliant display.
- Playback of discs on the PC with PowerDVD Ultra, which otherwise do not run.
- Removes user prohibitions, you can select the language and subtitle track without going through the disc's menu.
- Removes parental restrictions.
- Allows you to remove or skip Studio Logos and warning messages.
- With "magic file replacement ™" you can remaster any commercial movie disc using simple XML scripts.
- The "must have" utility for the serious home theater enthusiast using a media center / home theater PC.
- Includes a UDF 2.5 file ripper, no need to install 3rd party UDF 2.5 filesystem under Windows XP.
All this for $79 while existing AnyDVD users can upgrade for $30. There's no need for me to explain the advantages that this program offers to HD-DVD users out there.
It's safe to say that if SlySoft was based in the US that the movie studios would be turning to the lawyers, but since they are based on the island of Antigua it's pretty safe.