Apple chief executive Tim Cook and other senior staff took to the stage at the Yerba Buena Center in San Francisco, California to announce its latest holiday season hardware.
Members of the international media as well as OS X Mavericks, the company's latest desktop operating system.for Tuesday's announcement, where the next-generation iPad would be officially unveiled in full for the first time. Also on deck are new MacBook notebooks,
During the keynote, the company's management, lead engineers, vice-presidents and key personnel dished out the latest numbers, from sales and shipments through to financials and other figures.
Here's what was said during the keynote:
- 9 million iPhones sold by the end of the first weekend of sales
- 200 million devices were running iOS 7, the latest mobile operating system, just five days after it was released in September
- 64 percent of all iOS devices running iOS 7 to date
- 20 million users listen to iTunes Radio
- 1 billion songs played on iTunes Radio — just in the U.S. alone
- 1 million apps on the Apple App Store
- 60 billion cumulative downloads on the Apple App Store
- $13 billion paid out to developers by Apple since the App Store launched
- 170 million cumulative iPad sales to date
- 81 percent the iPad has in the overall tablet usage share
- 475,000 apps, designed specifically for iPad, available in the App Store