- Improved Liked Results, Answers & Sites: Instantly see which stories, content and sites your Facebook friends have “liked,” from news stories, celebrities, movies, bands, brands and more. Bing shows the faces of up to three of your friends that like a search result, offering a visual, virtual seal of approval from your trusted social network.
- Popular Sites: Bing shows collective Like results related to trending topics, articles, and Facebook fan pages, to find the most popular content. When you search for a recipe site, for example, you’ll see specific articles people have liked on that site to help you cut through the clutter and find recommendations from others – both your friends and the broader Facebook community.
- Expanded Facebook Profile Search: Now when searching for a specific person, Bing will provide a more in-depth bio snapshot, such as location, education, and employment details to help you find who you’re looking for more quickly.
- Flight Deals: Bing will send you great deals on flights directly to your Facebook feed, for cities you’ve liked on Bing Travel.
- Friends Who Live Here: Traveling to a new city and looking for recommendations on where to eat or stay? Easily find and consult friends who live or have lived near a destination.
- Shared Shopping Lists: You can build a shopping list and share, compare and discuss it with your friends on Facebook.
Microsoft has expanded its social features in Bing. The company's goal is to improve search by leveraging Facebook, so that users can receive personalized search results based on what their friends are saying and doing online. Microsoft lists the following six features for the update; five of them are specifically related to Facebook: