Buoyed by chip orders, Taiwan-based VoIP manufacturing skyrockets

If you're looking for a hot VoIP equipment manufacturing market, try Taiwan. After all, the island nation is both a key manufacturing hub for many key international VoIP gateway and networking suppliers.

If you're looking for a hot VoIP equipment manufacturing market, try Taiwan. After all, the island nation is both a key manufacturing hub for many key international VoIP gateway and networking suppliers.

EE Times magazinecitesa report from Taiwan's Market Intelligence Centernoting that in the second half of last year, sales of VoIP equipment for the domestic and international home market increased 199 percent over the first half of 2004.

Of a total of $403 million in shipments, a little more than $280 million, or 70 percent, represented the consumer market. International and domestic enterprise VoIP constituted the remaining 30 percent.

That's significant, in large part because in the first six months of last year, the $182 million in shipments split about evenly between consumer and enterprise.

The Market Intelligence Report folks feel that as more outsourcing requests come from equipment marketers and their DSL service provider customers, growth will contibue this year.

Their growth estimates: VoIP gateway orders will rise by 78,500 ports, and IP phone orders will spike by 919,000 ports.

What's your take? Post a TalkBack.

Newsletters

You have been successfully signed up. To sign up for more newsletters or to manage your account, visit the Newsletter Subscription Center.
See All
See All