According to the AP the Santa Clara County Fire Department was called to Apple's compound at One Inifinte Loop at about 10 p.m. Tuesday night to respond to a three-alarm fire. Smoke and flames were reportedly coming from under an air conditioning unit that burned for about an hour. The fire burned the roof and the second level at one of the six buildings and was contained by 12:30 a.m. this morning. No one was injured but there's believed to be a lot of smoke damage.
Insert your own joke about Apple's batteries here. Post your caption for the photo above in the TalkBack.
Jason D. O'Grady developed an affinity for Apple computers after using the original Lisa, and this affinity turned into a bona-fide obsession when he got the original 128 KB Macintosh in 1984.
He started writing one of the first Web sites about Apple (O'Grady's PowerPage) in 1995 and is considered to be one of the fathers of blogging....
Jason D. O'Grady is the creator and editor of O'Grady's PowerPage, which has been publishing mobile technology news since 1995. He maintains an advertising relationship with the following legacy advertisers on the PowerPage: Amazon Associates and Google Adsense. Advertising on the PowerPage is brokered by a third-party agency (BackBeat Media) and he recuses himself from these negotiations.