Earlier today I downloaded the standalone installer for Windows Vista SP1 build 6001.16659 and installed it on a few systems to see what it was like - and I thought you might like to take a look at it.
Don't expect huge UI changes after installing SP1 - the changes are small and subtle. In fact, if you're not familiar with Windows Vista, you might miss the SP1 changes. I've put together an image gallery showing some of the most significant changes.
Here are some of the changes:
- Disk Defragmenter now allows you to pick volumes to defragment
- Search option removed from the Start menu
Other points worth noting:
- The install process took about 40 minutes on my system
- The system rebooted 4 times
- So far, I've not come across any SP1 related issues
What I'm really interested in seeing is how performance and reliability is affected.