It's fast, ubiquitous and it boosts productivity. Are there any downsides to the National Broadband Network (NBN)?
It would be hard to say that the NBN will do any harm. The contentious issues tend to revolve around whether it will achieve the same — or more — in a better way.
This week on Twisted Wire, we summarise some of the arguments you have heard over the last few years into a half-hour catch-up on the major areas of debate.
On the positive side, the five pros are:
- It will boost productivity
- It will provide the latest technology, at a low cost, to all Australians
- It gives us a competitive advantage against other, less-connected, nations
- It removes the stranglehold that Telstra has on access provision
- It's a game changer that will change many things we might not have envisioned.
Sounds pretty good, doesn't it? So, what's the downside? Have a listen to the podcast to hear the views of the naysayers.
Add your views on the Twisted Wire feedback line: 02 9304 5198
Running time: 26 minutes, 59 seconds