Amazon's Fire phone is now available to purchase and while it is targeted towards the consumer Amazon Prime experience, there is integrated enterprise support so you can bring the Fire to work.
ZDNet's Larry Dignan posted hislast week and to further the thought about using the Fire at work, here are five ways in which the enterprise is supported.
- MDM API: These APIs allow for integration with leading mobile device management (MDM) systems including AirWatch, MobileIron, Good Technology, and Fiberlink MaaS360.
- Device encryption: AES 128 bit key encryption of the data stored on the device using Exchange ActiveSync, MDM or the UI.
- VPN: Support for popular VPN clients via the Amazon Appstore.
- Office apps: Ships with an Office Suite application that lets customers view Office documents. Customers can download the Pro version of Office Suite from the Amazon Appstore to edit office documents.
- Appstore: Many of the most popular enterprise apps, including Cisco, Intuit and Citrix are available in the Amazon Appstore.
Remember that you can also access more information via the right panel through a swipe or tilt gesture. In email, the right panel shows a list of all the attachments that you received in your email. Within calendar, the right panel lets you easily see and respond to meeting invites as they appear.
I've been using the Fire phone since Friday and will continue to evaluate it as I work on a full review. If there is anything you want me to answer as I test the Fire, please leave a comment in the Talkback section.