Got iPhone, iPad or iPod touch that's been bricked by the '1 January 1970' date bug? Well, there's a fix - briefly unplug the battery. Unfortunately, it means taking your device apart, so it's not without risk and not for those who value their warranty or aren't confident spinning a screwdriver.
Here's a video showing the process on the iPhone.
For other iOS devices I suggest you take a trip over to iFixit and pull up the instructions to replacing the battery inside your device.
Alternatively, you can wait until the battery goes flat, which should accomplish the same as removing the battery, although it will take a long time since the device isn't being worked hard on the bootup screen.
- How to live with a 16GB iPhone or iPad (and not lose your mind)
- Microsoft bringing more bloatware to Android
- To save the iPad, Apple needs to copy Microsoft
- Poor quality USB Type-C cables can fry your gadgets
- The question every Windows Phone owner needs to ask: "Do I switch to Android or iOS?"