AppleInsider reported on Monday that Apple and Google working on "many more" projects together. According to AI Schmidt made the comments at the Morgan Stanley Technology Conference "while responding to a question concerning rumors that the two firms were working on a tablet-style personal computer."
I've been a vocal critic of the lack of productivity since the Eric Schmidt appointment to the Apple board both here and on the PowerPage podcast and it's about time that two of the biggest tech brands in the world develop some synergy.
Some great potential Google/Apple mashups:
- Google Docs and Spreadsheets for Safari
- Google Apps for Leopard (Mac OS 10.5)
- Offline Google Apps
- Apple's Spotlight search technology powered by Google
- Google Maps/Google Earth support in iPhoto and Aperture (iLife? iWork?)
- Full Google Video and YouTube support on the Apple TV
- Full Google Video and YouTube support on the iPhone
- Google Photos integration with iPhoto and Aperture
- Google Talk client for Mac with full video and voice support
- Tighter Google Calendar/iCal integration
- Migrate .Mac to Google and make it free
- A sub-$500 notebook
- A tablet computer
- A special lightweight Google OS for the above two portables
What would you like to see from a Google/Apple mashup?