Who needs Aristotle, Socrates, Plato…when Google offers “Our Philosophy.”
Heck, who needs Moses’ Ten Commandments, as Google is being proclaimed the new God.Google all knowingly advises, “To fully understand Google, it's helpful to understand all the ways in which the company has helped to redefine how individuals, businesses and technologists view the Internet.”
Google encapsulates all its Googley “ways” in a “Ten Things Google has found to be true” handy online cheat sheet.
For your convenience, I have reposted them below (in italics), along with my Digital Markets translation (in bold) of how Google is REALLY redefining how individuals, businesses and technologists are impacted by the Internet, Google’s Internet.
1) “Focus on the user and all else will follow”
We follow the user all over the World Wide Web, and into the cloud.
2) “It’s best to do one thing really, really well”
It’s better to do dozens of things, hoping some will work out OK.
3) “Fast is better than slow”
Caching everyone else’s content on Google servers is best.
4) “Democracy on the Web works.”
Here’s the (Back)Rub: Democracy goes to the highest bidder.
5) “You don’t need to be at your desk to need an answer”
We know where you live, work, play…
6) “You can make money without doing evil”
A little evil is good for the bottom line.
7) “There’s always more information out there.”
Resistance is futile, we WILL control the world’s information.
8) “The need for information crosses all borders.”
Who needs the United Nations!
9) “You can be serious without a suit”
It’s no fun to watch GOOG on the way down, but there is always the free lunch.
10) “Great just isn’t good enough”
Thanks to our Fuzzy Logic, Google is always great!