Well, Happy New Year to you all - may 2008 be kind to you.
This is also the time of year when we all make resolutions - eat less, exercise more, take up something, quit something else. Rather than bore you with the standard New Year fayre, I thought I'd share with you a few of my tech resolutions for 2008.
- Rip all my CDs to high-quality MP3, store them in one place and keep a backup (I know, the RIAA probably has a dozen black helicopters filled with shock troopers headed my way right now for that one).
- Rip my favorite DVDs to disc. I'm not sure how many discs this would be yet but given the cost of a few 500GB drives compared to the cost of replacing a damaged disc, it's worth it in the long run.
- Upgrade the two main workhorse systems to Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 processors. Upgrade the four other secondary systems to Q6600s.
- Have these PCs installed in such a way that the can easily be moved into a LAN party config (I've been meaning for years to host regular LAN parties for friends but have never got round to it). Have the capacity to hook up to a dozen more systems to the LAN.
- Try to unify as many chargers as possible and perhaps put together a small charging station for stuff, rather than have chargers scattered about the place.
That's it - I don't want to overburden myself already!
Any tech resolutions of your own?