Has Apple just confirmed it its press invite to the iPad 3 event that the updated tablet will have a 'retina display' screen?
Here's the image from the invite:
Image credit: Apple
Let's take a closer look at that calendar icon:
Now compare this to the existing calendar icon in the current iPad screen:
I don't know about you, but that shot of the 'iPad 3' seems a heck of a lot clearer and smoother to me. You can't tell what it is, but the rumors that the pixel density might have been bumped up from 1024x768 to 2048x1536 might have been confirmed in this shot.
Also notice something else that seems missing? The Home button. That said, the tablet could be in landscape mode and therefore not visible in that shot.
[UPDATE: I now think that the iPad in the shot above is in portrait mode because of the way the water droplets line up.
The Calendar icon in in the same position on-screen as my DocsToGo icon below:
Here are the same droplets on the official invite:
Those droplets DO NOT appear on screen in landscape mode.]
Seems I might have been wrong all along and the iPad 3 will indeed have a retina display screen.
What do you think?
- Looking for a good deal on an iPad 2?
- Apple could be working on two processors for iPad 3
- Photo of (quite possibly fake) iPad 3 mainboard makes an appearance
- Is this the iPad 3 ‘retina display’ LCD screen?
- Could the iPad 3 start to cannibalize TVs sales?
- iPad 3 rumor roundup
- Apple set to announce iPad 3 in early March
- iPad power user tips for writers
- How to activate iPad 2 multitasking gestures on the iPad 1
- Five iOS 5 secrets
- Some more iOS 5 secrets
- iPhone/iOS 5 battery saver tips