New airport/airline regulations regarding carry on luggage following the arrest of terror suspects in the UK has meant that passengers can no longer take electronic gear (such as cameras - digital or film, laptops, iPods and so on) onto planes as hand luggage. While this is a sensible security precaution given the ongoing security threat, it's a policy that also seems to be allowing thieves who work within airports a greater level of opportunity and access to help themselves to other people's stuff.
I'm interested in getting first hand accounts from people affected by the recent changes in security.
- What have been your experiences of traveling under the new rules?
- What are your thoughts on the new rules? Do they make you feel more secure?
- Does the company you work for allow electronic gear to be stored in the hold?
- Are you taking additional steps to secure data?
- Do these new restrictions stop you flying?
- Have you had anything stolen? What? How was it stolen? What can you expect in the way of compensation?
If you have a story that you'd like to share, please feel free to drop me a note. All communications will be treated with confidence and your name and email address will never be made public (unless you want them to ... in which case, make this clear).