It looks like all of that hype over the HTC Evo 4G was real, as Sprint's newest smartphone has broken a significant record and become the single best-selling phone on a launch day in the company's history.
Released last Friday at approximately 22,000 retail locations, the Evo 4G also sold "three times the number of Samsung Instinct and Palm Pre devices sold over their first three days on the market combined."
Sprint failed to specify just how many of the popular 4.3-inch HTC handhelds they sold that day, but they seem happy with the device regardless. It also seems that the storage bug discovered very shortly prior to the June 4 debut did not hamper sales too much either.
Did you pick up an HTC Evo 4G this weekend? And will all of this happiness change if/once the fourth-gen iPhone is announced later today?
Previous coverage on ZDNet:
- HTC Evo 4G already available at Sprint's online store
- HTC Evo 4G is the Android phone to beat
- Hands on: HTC Evo 4G’s HDMI-out
- HTC Evo 4G teardown
- Hands-on with the Sprint HTC EVO 4G; is it a carrier changer?
- Top 10 smartphones of 2010 … for now