Apple filed a lawsuit against HTC back in early March and now we have a response from HTC that they obviously disagree with Apple's legal actions. The press release is a nice presentation of HTC's long history since 1997 and focuses on their innovation. I imagine this is going to be a case we will hear about for years and hope it has no effect on HTC's innovation.
Reading the press release was like taking a walk down memory lane as they listed some of their technology firsts, including:
- First Windows PDA (1998)
- First Windows Phone (June 2002)
- First 3G CDMA EVDO smartphone (October 2005)
- First gesture-based smartphone (June 2007)
- First Google Android smartphone (October 2008)
- First 4G WIMAX smartphone (November 2008)
Ah yes, I remember that T-Mobile Pocket PC Phone Edition (pictured here) and think it was an incredible device for 2002. It was pretty dang fast, had a large 3.5 inch color display, and handled calls pretty well. 2010 will be interesting as we see HTC roll out more Google Android devices with their advanced Sense user interface.