Readers using the Kobo eReader or the Kobo e-book software on an iPhone or iPad will be able to sign up for subscriptions to about two dozen newspapers and magazines based in the U.S. and Canada. Options include The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Vancouver Sun and The Scientist.
That's not exactly a huge number, especially compared to the announcement of the Color Nook and its magazine/newspaper arsenal, but it's a start. Users can also get 14-day trial subscriptions to any of these publications, which can be sent to any of the aforementioned devices. Subscription costs range from $1.49 to $19.99 per month, obviously with the dailies costing more than a monthly publication.
Related coverage on ZDNet:
- 2010 Holiday Gift Guide: E-book Readers
- Borders gets revolutionary on e-book reader prices
- Borders announces their $140 Kobo Wireless eReader
- Kobo creates a virtual book club with the BlackBerry Messenger Social Platform
- Ready to ditch paper? Here are the 10 best e-readers