A robust beta doesn't necessarily result in a robust final release. It seems that while the beta version of Safari 4 for Mac was robust and reliable, the final release is causing Mac users a lot of headaches.
The titles on the front page of Apple's Safari support says it all really:
- Safari 4 Slow, Any suggestions?
- Safari 4.0.1 crashing. Flash Player plug-in uninstaller also crashes
- Great Safari update.... NOT!
- Consistent crashes on certain sites
- Safari quits unexpectedly
- Safari 4.0 crashes when I click
There's more ... a lot more. On top of that, I'm seeing the same problem on my Mac too ... thankfully Firefox still works.
The forums offer a number of possible fixes, but these seem random, kludgy and, in most cases, ineffective.
Just works ... oh no it doesn't!
Anyone out there having Safari 4 issues? Anything worked for you?