Verizon and Motorola made it official today with the announcement that the DROID by Motorola will launch next week, 6 November, for only $199.99 with two-year contract and $100 mail-in rebate. The DROID is Verizon's first Google Android device and the first Android device running version 2.0 software. It has a huge 3.7 inch 854x480 pixel resolution capacitive touchscreen and comes in at only 0.54 inches thick with a full slide-out QWERTY keyboard.
Other specifications include:
- EV-DO Rev A wireless data support
- 550 MHz processor
- 5 megapixel digital camera with dual LED
- Integrated WiFi and Bluetooth radios
- Integrated A-GPS receiver
- microSD card slot for expandable memory expansion with 16GB included card
One interesting piece of software provided on the DROID is Google Maps Navigation beta where Google Maps goes beyond just simple mapping and basic navigation capability.