Today AMD has announced a new 3D workstation graphics card for the FireGL line. The ATI FireGL V7700 is the first commercially available 3D workstation graphics card to support DisplayPort (specification here).
The FireGL V7700 supersedes the FireGL V7100 and adds a number of key features and improvements:
- Display Port support - 10-bit image quality output
- DisplayPort output combined with a Dual Link enabled DVI output generates a multi-monitor desktop over 5000 pixels wide from a single card
- 512MB of memory
- Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista and Linux support
- ATI FireGL cards are tested and certified to work with major CAD (Computer Aided Design) and DCC (Digital Content Creation)applications
- DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL 2.1 support
- 320 unified shaders
- Intelligent management of graphics power to deliver processing power when it's needed
- PCI Express 2.0
The ATI FireGL V7700 3D workstation graphics card is expected to begin shipping April 2008.
MSRP is $1,099 USD.