Before I get started with the post, click the image below to check out the gallery of new iPhone 5 concept images I just ran across in a designer's portfolio (plus a few more of the best-looking ones I've seen from other designers thus far):
So, how does this relate to you? Put simply, the takeaway here is to find hot products that are being talked about in your market and then find ways to use the rumor mill and craze over said products to your advantage. Capitalize on trends and do something to make yourself stand out amongst the crowd. Most of the time, it's a long shot, but if you play your cards right, you may just land yourself a rather significant number of eyeballs on your work/company -- which could equate to more sales/business for you, both in the short term and long term. Just don't be spammy about it. Contribute something of value to the discussion taking place, and people will be there to absorb it, process it, and pass it along. Do you have any experiences to share where you were able to capitalize on a trend or hot product? Feel free to share, if so! -Stephen Chapman
- Gallery: iPhone 5 and iPad 3 concepts
- Apple iPhone 5's 'Assistant' feature: Making voice command cool?
- Speck Products: Designing for the iPhone 5
- Tim Cook Apple event rumored for Oct. 4; Comparisons to Jobs inevitable
- 'We are not going to get the iPhone 5 this year," says T-Mobile CMO
- October 4: Apple's next big event; iPhone 5 expected to be unveiled