I am rocking out with Nokia Music+ for Windows 8 and RT. Since I also roll with a , I can't wait to install and test this out as my new mobile music service., and now, Nokia has
Nokia stated that the Windows 8 version of Nokia Music+ features:
- A 7 day trial of NM+: With an in-app upgrade path (30 second clip mixes outside of the trial period)
- 100's of curated mixes from Nokia experts and international artists
- Listen to all the MP3's in your "My Music" library via the app
- Mix recommendations based on the music playing, for both mixes and your own collection
- Artist mix: See up to three artists, and the app will create a playlist based on your choices
- Offline mix: Save as many mixes as you can carry for offline playback
- Search for mixes containing your favorite artist
- Artist pages: Complete with high quality artist images, biographies, tweets, gig info (including Here mapping), related artists, and more
- Snap View: Minimise Nokia Music on your home screen, but still access music controls
- Play To: Stream music to DLNA devices on your wireless network.
As you can see, the only way to enjoy Nokia Music on Windows is to be a Music+ subscriber. The fee is only $3/month, which is much less than any other music subscription service. It's interesting that Nokia is making this available for non-Nokia devices since you still need a Nokia Lumia smartphone to use the service on a phone.
Nokia Music for Windows 8 is available now from the Windows 8 Store in the UK, US, Ireland, and Australia, and will be rolling out to all counties with Nokia Music+ in the coming weeks. If you are already a Music+ subscriber, then you can just sign in with your same credentials to enjoy the service on your Windows 8 or RT device.