As you know, I am a big fan of my Barnes & Noble Nook and the Nook application on my various smartphone platforms. The Nook for Android software was released just over a month ago and has seen a couple of great updates that provided support for EPUB side loading and more. Yesterday, we were sent news that the software was again updated with several new features and improvements so make sure to update your application now.
The following updates can be found in the new software:
- Faster access and action in Library:
- Pop-up menus appear around eBooks in Library to offer the most frequently used options, including Details, LendMe, More By and Buy Now (for samples). This feature is enabled by QuickActions, a new best practice in Android UI.
- More customizable reading experience:
- There are now four line spacing options available, in addition to the four margin options introduced previously.
- Text justification can be turned on or off.
- The settings screen has been updated to a more user-friendly format to accommodate the latest changes.
- More immersive reading experience:
- Readers now have the option to hide the status bar when reading to focus more fully on the content.
- Other performance enhancements
I updated the application on my HTC EVO 4G and continue to enjoy this software on the Android platform.