Small companies interested in adding on-premises video security solutions to protect their offices or yards will soon have four new 1080-pixel IP cameras to consider from SMB networking powerhouse Linksys.
All of them support night vision, motion detection and alarm notification; in addition, they can be controlled from a remote location. Wide-angle viewing features can be added with a firmware upgrade, and the outdoor versions are weatherproof and vandal-proof. The mini dome model has as a fisheye lens option that offers 30 percent more viewing space than traditional model; it also can operate in low light conditions.
Linksys has introduced a new network video recorder (pictured in the thumbnail image for this blog post) to complement the cameras, capable of storing 8 terabytes of video and recording up to eight feeds at the same time.
Here's a run-down of pricing for the new products, which will hit the market in February and March:
- 1080p Indoor Night Vision Dome Camera LCAD03FLN (suggested price, $449.99) -
- 1080p 3MP Indoor/Outdoor 360 Mini Dome Camera LCAM03360D (suggested price, $599.99)
- 1080p 3MP Outdoor Night Vision Bullet Camera LCAB03VLNOD (suggested price, $599.99)
- 1080p 3MP Outdoor Night Vision Dome Camera LCAD03VLNOD (suggested price, $700.99)
- 2 Bay Network Video Recorder – LNR0208C ($799.99)