Intel and AMD say their fancy new servers can help IT consolidate and save big money. But, do IT leaders still care about servers? We're not so sure.
The Big Question is a joint production from ZDNet and TechRepublic that I co-host with TechRepublic Editor in Chief Jason Hiner. This week's guest is Bill Detwiler, TechRepublic's Head Technology Editor.
If you enjoy this podcast, please go to to our iTunes page to rate it and leave a short review.
We're also working on providing a full transcript of each episode. Stay tuned for that in the near future.
Stories discussed in this episode:
- Intel vs. AMD: Does the CPU really matter? (ZDNet)
- 10 things to remember when upgrading servers (TechRepublic)
- AMD delivers its 8- and 12-core server lineup; Preaches value (ZDNet)
- Will Intel's latest Xeon lineup be an 'economic no brainer'? (ZDNet)
- Intel and AMD chase the upgrade cycle (TechRepublic)