Plustek Technology has come out with a nifty portable document scanner that includes a feature that lets you scan photos or other documents directly to cloud storage services.
The MobileOffice S140, which carries a list price of about $160, is designed to convert paper documents of mixed sizes, as well as card, expense reports, photos and other paper-based documents into searchable PDF files. It is designed to handle up to six pages per minute.
As a twist, the software that Plustek has included with this gadget allows you to scan something directly to either an Evernote or Google Picasa account, simply by pushing a button. The software also takes care of rotating images so that they are straight, which is supposed to cut down on the number of rescans that you might need to do. The software supports DocAction and includes TWAIN software drivers that should also enable it to interact with a diverse number of document management solutions, electronic healthcare records systems, financial software and other image-enabled applications.
Other specifications you'll care about:
- Can be powered by USB and scans in color, grayscale or black and white
- Works at a rate of 9 seconds per page for a 300 dots per inch, A4 scan
- Can rigid documents such as licenses, insurance cards, membership cards and credit cards
- Buttons can be used to automate scanning jobs that are repeated often
- Comes with Abbyy Finereader Sprint and Hotcard BizCard Finder