SanDisk has introduced some new enterprise-grade flash storage options with a maximum capacity offering set at up to 800GB.
Designed especially for cloud and enterprise IT, SanDisk's new solid state drive set for its Lightning series consists of the following six products:
- Three single-level flash drives with storage capacities of up to 100GB, 200GB and 400GB
- Three multi-level cell flash drives with maximum capacities of 200GB, 400GB and 800GB
Each of these 2.5-inch Lightning 6GB SAS drives sport a feature called Write Through Logging technology, which is intended to deliver improved and higher performance rates at lower queue depths without the need of a back-up battery.
The introduction of these new Lightning drives likely couldn't have been possible without SanDisk's acquisition of Pliant Technology in May. Pliant was known for developing enterprise SSDs with multi-level cell NAND technology.
Still awaiting to be approved for OEM qualifications, SanDisk's Lightning 6GB SAS models will be available via authorized channel partners starting during the third quarter of 2011. HP has already integrated them into its Qualified storage drives and on HP ProLiant servers.
- Sandisk jump starts enterprise efforts, diversifies with Pliant Technology
- SanDisk rep demos HP TouchPad at Computex [Video]
- SanDisk announces Extreme Pro SDHC UHS-I memory card