On Thursday, 12 May, ZDNet Australia produced this live broadcast from the Expo Hall of Cloudforce Sydney 2011. The industry panel discussed cloud computing and its role in delivering efficiency, productivity and success to organisations in a modern digital economy.
Panellist details can be found below.
- Ian Birks, CEO, Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA)
- Kendall Collins, chief marketing officer, Salesforce.com
- Jim Hassell, head of Product Development, Marketing and Sales, NBN Co Limited
- Dr Steve Hodgkinson, research director, Ovum
- Hosted by Brian Haverty, editorial director, ZDNet Australia
The discussion covered some of the new computing models that are bringing together the benefits of social media, mobility and open technology standards to not only change the way business is done, but to redefine the way people collaborate and share information.
Other topics covered include:
- Innovation: how does cloud computing affect the way we innovate?
- Cost-efficiency: how can organisations benefit from the economies of scale that cloud computing delivers?
- Productivity: how does cloud computing improve the way we work together?
- Mobility: how does the combination of cloud computing, new mobile devices and powerful new networks revolutionise the way we do business?
- Social: how is the new world of social media changing how we interact?
Let us know what you thought of this panel discussion in the comments section below, or send them directly to Success in the Cloud Questions. We look forward to hearing from you.
Ian Birks, CEO, Australian Information Industry Association
Kendall Collins, chief marketing officer, Salesforce.com
Jim Hassell, Product Development, Marketing and Sales head, NBN Co Ltd
Dr Steve Hodgkinson, research director, Ovum
Hosted by Brian Haverty, editorial director, ZDNet Australia