At a Churchill Club event on July 27, a group of movie industry executives discussed the emerging digital age of cinema. Issues surfaced included the changing relationships between studios, filmmakers, and the audience, as well as major trends and new business models driving the future of cinema. The panelists included:
- Randal Kleiser, president, Randel Kleiser Productions and director of Grease, The Blue Lagoon, Honey I Blew Up the Kid, Lovewrecked
- Bob Lambert, senior vice president, Worldwide Technology Strategy at The Walt Disney Company
- Tim Partridge, senior vice president and general manager, Dolby Professional Division at Dolby Laboratories
- Jerry Pierce, senior vice president of technology, Universal Pictures
- Todd Wagner, CEO, 2929 Entertainment
The moderator was Scott Kirsner, editor of CinemaTech. You can download the hour and twenty minute podcast or listen via the embedded player.