So now that the iPhone 4S and all its details have been announced, what impact will the new phone have on society at large?
1. Conversation will become impossible at Starbucks, Panera Bread, et al. To wit, "I'm sorry, were you talking to me? No. I was talking to my phone." Followed by "Why are you ignoring me? I thought you were talking to your phone." And "Could you people please be quiet? I can't get my phone to understand me with all this noise!'
2. iEnvy will reach new heights as iPhone 4S users demand custom cases that shout "Not an iPhone 4" and insist that Apple produce the phone in bright green so that their friends understand that they have the latest phone.
3. Lawsuits will be filed by users who have regional accents, speech impediments, or are non-native speakers of the supported languages due to failure of the phone to properly respond to their commands.
4. The first car accident caused by a user arguing with their phone will happen on October 14th, while a user is attempting to drive home from the Apple store and use their new phone at the same time.
5. iCloud users will be admitted in droves to cardiac care units shortly after their first bill arrives when they see, first hand, why carriers dropped unlimited data plans.
- iPhone 4S: Five killer features
- iPhone 4S is same on the outside, ‘all new’ on the inside
- iOS 5 will officially land on October 12; more details revealed
- CNET: Apple: Sprint getting the iPhone
- ZDNet iPhone coverage