The unveiling of the Surface Tablets by Microsoft with the clip-on keyboards has opened many eyes to the utility of a thin tablet paired with a keyboard cover. Owners of the iPad can benefit from similar functionality with third party keyboard cases that are currently available.
Not everyone needs a keyboard for their new iPad, but those who do need look no further. This selection of top keyboard/cases is the result of hands-on use of quite a few, resulting in these best of class. All of the cases have keyboards that can handle anything from light typing to banging out the next great novel.
|Image Gallery: Top keyboard/ case combos for the iPad 3 Summer 2012 edition|
This gallery has been updated with keyboards released since original publication a few months ago. You will find the hot Ultrathin Keyboard Cover and the Solar Keyboard Folio from Logitech now in the coverage.
- iPad as a serious writing machine (how-to)
- Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for the iPad: Smart Cover meets the keyboard
- iLuv Professional Workstation Portfolio for the new iPad
- Logitech Keyboard Case for iPad 2: Hands-on review
- Logitech Fold-up Keyboard for iPad 2: Full-sized, full featured (review)
- ZAGGfolio keyboard for iPad 2: form and function refined (review)