Twitter on Thursday lifted the lid on its.
The San Francisco, Calif.-based company, founded in 2006, disclosed its S-1 filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, just shy of a month after it announced it hadwith the U.S. government.
The microblogging service becomes the latest Silicon Valley social media firm to join the ranks of companies to float on the U.S. stock market, following Facebook and LinkedIn.
Here are all the numbers you need to know.
- 218.3 million users using the microblogging site on average per month, or 100 million daily active users.
- 500 million tweets sent per day, or 300 billion tweets sent since the company first founded in 2006
- $1 billion, which Twitter wants to raise before it goes public on a yet-to-be-determined U.S. stock exchange.
- Four letters that will make up Twitter's proposed stock exchange ticker: "TWTR"
- 2,000 Twitter employees worldwide, as of June 2013, up from 90 percent from the same time a year earlier
- 15 Twitter offices around the world, or 214,950 square feet of office space
- One million websites outside of Twitter have displayed tweets in some way, shape or form
- $253 million in revenue Twitter made at its latest count at the end of June 30, 2013
- $62.8 million in revenue generated in international markets, making up 25 percent of the company's overall global revenue at the end of June 2013
- $69 million in net losses for the six months ending June 30, 2013
- $20.62 per share, which is how much Twitter believes it is valued at, as of August 9, 2013
- 85-87 percent of the company's revenue was generated from advertising in 2012, such as Promoted Products, Promoted Tweets, Promoted Trends, and Promoted Accounts
- 77 percent of Twitter's average monthly average user, ending June 30, 2013, lived in the U.S.
- Less than 5 percent of Twitter's average monthly average user are considered false or spam accounts
- 6 U.S. patents issued and about 80 U.S. patents pending
- 75 percent of its average monthly active users accessed Twitter from a mobile device, as of June 30, 2013