Previously debuted at CES 2010, the Viliv S10 Blade is back in the news again as its gearing up for an official release with an update on pricing.
Probably trying to avoid getting lost in the growing mix of tablet computer news, Viliv will start selling the S10 Blade at $699, whose signature quality is that swivel-ready display. However, given how much can be configured and upgraded on the S10 (especially a sore point about the operating system), pricing is still somewhat of a mystery.
Here is what we know about what's in store with the Viliv S10:
- 10.1-inch HD LCD swivel display with resistive multi-touch panel (1366 x 768 resolution)
- Windows XP Home or Home Premium
- Intel Atom 1.6 GHz Z530 or 2 GHz Z550 processors
- Either 60 GB hard drive or 32/64GB SSD drive
- 1 GB of RAM
- HSPA 3G
- 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 2.0 +EDR
- SDHC slot
- Two USB 2.0 ports, One mini USB port
- Built-in camera
- 10 hours of battery life
There's no release date information yet - except that it will be "available soon." But given the uncertainty of pricing and the likelihood that the higher-end features will cost a lot more, how many of you are excited about this gadget?